mardi 25 juillet 2017

WHW: I am walking home

I am walking home
50 years and 154 km away
Heavy legs dragged by Muddy Ground have kept me
back
The road in front myself I choose now; no longer walking in someone else’s
steps
I am walking home
Crowds of ferns part to greet me, palms raised in high-fives, clapping me along the way,
Bluebells and buttercups open their glow to light my path
I am walking home
Jock  Tamson’s Bothy is always open, fragrant with peat fire singing, and hot tea for wet feet
The Tortoise may win the race, but the Hare, at least, has paused to share food, enjoy laughter with friends along
the Way
I am walking home
Grandfather’s stone granite braces me in a jumper of rock, shielding me from the edge
Brother Wind nudges me from behind when legs tire, and Sister Rain cools blistering
eyes
I am walking home
Grandmother’s long, leafy limbs reach forward in front of me.
I walk down slopes,
she takes my hand and leads me down the rooted steps of
Her home.

I am walking home

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire