lundi 20 juillet 2015

Mâlain Diaries 14 - Mediolanum

Mâlain Diaries 14


You stripped me.
first
of
my ceilings, my
walls, the
protectors of
my herstory.

You enslaved them
   to farmers, to
incomers for theirs,
their continually nu
coming
Assault.

You let people
walk
    over me.
Take whatever you want,”
you said,
she doesn’t matter now.”

They took my grandmothers,
my ancestors down
from the tiles;
removed my
Juno and her Genius
   leaving soul without
peace and
sold
Sirona at a yard sale for
no more than a sack potatoes.

The teenagers came to
smoke and drink and
piss on my heart.
they drew quarters, flung limbs
into the far fields.

Then the Arch-ologists came
   to rape what was left
of Lavinia.
They scraped evidence
from walls, floors,
that once held art, conversations
   worship.
Picked up my nose, lips,
  cut ears; marked with pins;
Épingles, aiguilles, perles, fusaïoles, placages,
anything left of us
   into a box,   a closet sewn with dust.

Denigrated dishonour, no one comes
here now,

this home of mine Mediolanum.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire